About College Employer Council
The College Employer Council (CEC) is the government mandated bargaining agent for the 24 Ontario publicly funded colleges in negotiating collective agreements with unionized staff. In addition, the CEC provides a variety of services for the college system such as advice and guidance on human resources issues, collective agreement administration, research, and is the policyholder for group benefits.
To enable the strategic direction of colleges by providing expertise and support that results in productive labour and employment relations, sustainable compensation and benefits, and leveraging knowledge across all 24 Colleges.
To ensure a strong labour and employment environment that fosters the Colleges' ability to provide the highest quality education.
CEC has a set of core values that guide its behaviour, underpin operational activity and provide focus to the organization. They include leadership, trust, integrity, collaboration, respect, and professionalism:
- Leadership – Lead by committing to continuous personal and organizational development
- Trust – Create, build and maintain trust by being honest, open, and transparent
- Integrity – Aspire to do the right thing and consistently committed to the CEC values
- Collaboration– Help each other succeed through collaboration
- Professionalism – Hold ourselves to the highest standards for delivering results
- Respect – Listen, accept differences, and work together